The Albion Surgery – Privacy notice template as of 25th May 2018
How we use your personal information
This information explains why the GP practice collects information about you and how that information will be used.
The health care professionals who provide you with care maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you have received. This can include care received within the GP practice, NHS Trusts, Walk-in clinics, Urgent Care centres, and the Bexley out of hours GP service. These records help to provide you with the best possible healthcare.
The Albion Surgery is a registered data controller and must notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) of all personal information processing activities. Our ICO Data Protection Register number is 28549987 and our entry can be found in the Data Protection Register on the ICO website.
What type of personal data is used?
NHS health records may be electronic, on paper or a mixture of both, and we use a combination of working practices and technologies to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure. Records which this GP practice holds about you may include the following information;
- Details about you, such as your address, carer, legal representative, emergency contact details and NHS number
- Any contact the surgery has had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, emergency appointments, etc.
- Notes and reports about your health
- Details about your treatment and care
- Results of investigations such as laboratory tests, x-rays, images etc.
- Relevant information from other health professionals, relatives or those who care for you
- Sensitive information, such as racial, ethnic origin, religious beliefs and sexual orientation
- Criminal offence information and/or safeguarding
Click here to download the full privacy notice.